Chapter 10: Checkmate Techniques 杀 05a
Due to constraints of this book, the authors have decided to classify the different tactical combinations into the following list:
- a) Tactical Combinations involving the Central Cannon,
- b) Tactical Combinations involving the Double Cannons,
- c) Tactical Combinations involving the Bottom Ranked Cannons,
- d) Tactical Combinations involving the Horse at the Flank , and
- e) Tactical Combinations involving the Elbow Horse.
There will be many examples which will be discussed in detail.
Note: The examples have also been made into short videos with corresponding tags to offer a clearer explanation. The URL would be: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSgklQ5ZjutrQ24JjNmVwnkp82VKWHgHQ
e) Tactical Combinations involving the Elbow Horse
When the Horse gets to the Elbow Horse position to deliver a check, it would be like a fearless steed attacking the enemy directly. There are so many ways of delivering a checkmate. The following examples are some ways that the Elbow Horse can do damage. The first four examples are continous checks that lead to a checkmate. The last four examples are ways that the Elbow Horse can do damage.
Note: There were eleven boards in this section which has been divided into three pages to decrease download time. This would be the first page.
Note: As this board was slightly flawed, no video has been made of it.
李海鸣 和 林秦. 象棋战术初步. 北京 : 新华书店北京发行, 1986. 7015.2281.