GM Hu Ronghua's Sandwiched Horse Defense Treatise Chapter 05
In Chapter 5, the Left Elephant Variation of the Black's Sandwiched Horse Defense (SAH) would make its debut. There were five boards which discussed Red attacking with various formations.
- Red would still attack with the 56 Cannons in Board 5a.
- In Board 5b, the 57 Cannons is used.
- The 58 Cannons were discussed in 5c.
- Red would choose develop his left chariot as a ranked chariot in 5d.
- In the last board in chapter 5, a fundamental question would be answered, could Red attack with an early riverbank horse (trailblazer horse)?
The relevant Youtube videos have been embedded below.
1. 胡, 荣华. 夹炮屏风 反宫马布局研究. Hong Kong and Singapore : 香港业余象棋协会 新加坡北斗象棋研究会, 1983.